The AlMaarefa university is a member of Saudi Digital Library and has subscribed a number of highly reputed databases from around the world which are accessible 24/7 by all the students, faculty members and staff of the university.
Please follow the below steps to access the following databases:
- Go to http://library.um.edu.sa/
- Click SDL
- Login with your Enrollment number/Employee ID (Login = Your University ID)
- Password for first time login (National ID/Iqama is your password)
- After first time Login, Change your password
- You can also reset your password at any time.
If you face any problem in this regard, please write to email@example.com
FOLLOWING ARE THE DATABASES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO ACCESS:
AccessPharmacy gives pharmacy students instant access to videos, games, Q&A, and leading pharmacy textbooks that will establish an important foundation for learning.
EBSCOhost is a powerful online reference system accessible via the Internet. It offers a variety of proprietary full-text databases and popular databases from leading information providers. The comprehensive databases range from general reference collections to specially designed, subject-specific databases:
- Academic Search Ultimate
Academic Search Ultimate offers students an unprecedented collection of peer-reviewed, full-text journals, including many journals indexed in leading citation indexes. The combination of academic journals, magazines, periodicals, reports, books and videos meets the needs of scholars in virtually every discipline ranging from astronomy, anthropology, biomedicine, engineering, health, law and literacy to mathematics, pharmacology, women’s studies, zoology and more.
ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences of the U.S. Department of Education, is an online resource to education literature and research. The database provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index. Content includes journal articles, research reports, curriculum and teaching guides, conference papers, dissertations and theses, and books dating back to 1966. When provided by ERIC, there are links to the ERIC full text or links to other sources such as publisher websites or DOIs.
GreenFILE offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 1,000,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more than 15,000 records.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) indexes more than 560 core journals, nearly 50 priority journals, and 125 selective journals; plus books, research reports and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s. It is EBSCO Publishing’s intention to provide access to LISTA on a continual basis at www.libraryresearch.com. Customers currently subscribing to other EBSCOhost databases may elect to have LISTA added to their EBSCOhost profile.
- OpenDissertationsis an open-access database built to assist researchers in locating both historic and contemporary dissertations and theses. Created with the generous support of the H.W. Wilson Foundation and the Congregational Library & Archives in Boston, it incorporates EBSCO’s previously released American Doctoral Dissertations, and features additional dissertation metadata contributed by select colleges and universities from around the world. Providing researchers with citations to graduate research across a span of time, from the early 20th century to the present, this database will continue to grow through regular updates and new partnerships with graduate degree-granting institutions.
WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY
Wiley Online Library gives our extensive collection of online multidisciplinary resources which covers over 126 categories across 17 subject areas ranging from Veterinary Medicine to Humanities. Highlights of this database: 1,600+ Journals, 250+ Reference Works 22,000+ Online Books.
Subject Categories in Wiley Online Library
- Agriculture, Aquaculture & Food Science
- Architecture & Planning
- Art & Applied
- Business, Economics, Finance & Accounting
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Earth, Space & Environmental Sciences
- Law & Criminology
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Nursing, Dentistry & Healthcare
- Physical Sciences & Engineering
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine